1. To promote amateur softball for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry.
2. To establish uniform softball rules and regulations.
3. To provide it with proper safeguards in accordance with the spirit of true sportsmanship and establish principles for ethical behavior and matters relating to conflict of interest as provided by the USA Council and Board of Directors.
4. To encourage the union of all eligible teams, organizations or groups into such separate associations with active membership in the USA as may from time to time be deemed best adapted to advance the cause of amateur softball.
5. To establish and maintain by allied membership, alliances with non-profit associations or organizations devoted wholly or partially to the promotion and development of the game of softball on a state, regional or national level.
6. To promote and conduct annual amateur softball championships.
7. To educate and train in the proper skills of amateur softball play and rules of the game through promoting, organizing, and conducting clinics, seminars and training courses.